My research on the OBB 2092

Alles über die österreichischen Schmalspurbahnen.

Moderator: Stephan Rewitzer

Antworten
Mariazellerbahn
My research on the OBB 2092

Beitrag von Mariazellerbahn »

My research so far.

All four HF130's that were later to become OBB Class 2092 abandoned on the Steyrtalbahn at the end of WW2 were taken into OBB stock by 1950.
The HF130 types, of which many were built by various manufacturers to a common design and used all over Europe, Austria found themselves with four nearly new machines, two built 1944 by Gmeinder with Deutz engines and Voith transmissions became 2092.01 and 2092.02 with two built 1943 by Windhoff with Kamper engines and Trilok transmissions becoming 2092.101 and 2092.102 .

Liverywise, all were painted in OBB green until the late 50's / early 60's when .01 and .02 were painted in the new cream over red livery that the new Class 2095 locomotives were appearing in. The two slightly older Windhoff machines were not as reliable or as powerful and in 1960, 2092.102 was taken into works and rebuilt with a wider footplate, a larger barrel roofed cab a Deutz engine and a Voith gearbox becoming 2092.04. By the photo below, it would seem that it was outshopped in cream over red livery. In 1961, 2092.101 was similarly treated and also receiving a Deutz engine and Voith gearbox becoming 2092.03, outshopped in the new OBB orange livery.

In 1962, both Gmeinder examples also received the new body profile, both being outshopped in OBB orange livery.

The extra height on top of the radiator area on the rebuilt examples are solid weights. Extra weight was also added to the front buffer beam.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Mariazellerbahn

Does anyone have any cab interior photos and/or bonnet top photos of the rebuilt 2092's to share please?
croquy

Beitrag von croquy »

Hi Mr X,

Thank you for sharing your research. I think there is some debate over colour schemes, including what type of green was used ('Flaschengruen' (i.e. 'bottle green') vs. whatever the other green is called) and when the colour changes took place. Can you name your sources for the timeline you have provided and the colour changes you claim to have happened?

Unfortunately, I cannot help with pictures, but am keen to see what others have to offer. This little shunter in its OeBB life is a longstanding interest of mine.

Thanks again,

Patrick

P.S. I trust you know of this site: http://heeresfeldbahn.de/lokomotiven/de ... index.html?
Such is life! :rolleyes:
penzing1140

ÖBB 2092

Beitrag von penzing1140 »

Good evening Patrick,
I have made some slides when this loco was stored in St. Pölten Alpe, That was surely 25 years ago. I made this inside the drivers cabin with 20mm wide angle so these are surely covering most of that what you wnat to see. But these are colour slides!
Please let me know if you can make use of these.
Best regards from Vienna
Josef
Mariazellerbahn

I'm sorry I haven't answered earlier but I got locked out of the forum and had difficulty changing my password.
Anyway, yes that site did help, along with this site .... https://www.rangierdiesel.de/index.php? ... 622&lang=1
Antworten